Saturday, June 25, 2011

Better than You

[I'm really bad at updating this thing, just throwing that out there... like you don't already know]

Over my time working I can recall twice where I've had cashiers come up to me and tell me that they just had a customer, both times a mother and her child, who said to their kid, "See, now this is why you have to go to school so you don't end up here." I'm sure this happens a lot but these two times I remember because not only were these girls FURIOUS, they were also very young. It's obvious that they haven't made a career of working in a grocery store and that they're just working while they're in school.
     I wonder why it is these mothers decided to say this in front of their young children? If they thought they were trying to teach them a good lesson, I'd say they're doing a better job of teaching them to be judgmental and ignorant.

On another note, some guy came and wanted to return a chicken meal with no receipt, no packaging, no anything to prove that he had actually ever bought one. He even said he lived in the States so we couldn't put his address in. The store manager gave him the refund...um, hello? You just gave a guy money he never spent...he got money for nothing. 

These are the people I work with.

No comments: