Monday, June 6, 2011

Morning People

Do you love the morning? Or do you hate it? I believe some people think that they love it but, really, they hate it with a burning passion. Who doesn't like the idea of getting up and having your whole day ahead of you to do anything you please? But when that alarm sounds, let's face it, you're about ready to kill someone and laugh at yourself for having such a crazy thought.

I hate working in the mornings, I mean I love it because I have my whole day ahead of me ;) but oh boy do I dislike the customers. They're in a rush because they have to go to work (I know, I don't get it either), or they've been up for hours waiting for the store to open. Anyway, in the mornings there are lots of things to be done, as you can imagine, and frankly, customers just get in the way with their annoying 'morning person' persona's.

I had a customer, while I was opening up the self-checkouts, who came through and was doing a bunch of groceries and about half of them were 50% off items (for those of you who don't know, items like these must be processed by the attendant, in others words, me). I'm trying to open six of these bad boys and so of course, I'm not just standing there waiting for her to hand me these discount items.

At the end of her transaction, when she was leaving, she looked at me like I had just slapped her and said, "What's your problem?" Now, I may not be an expert on fighting but when you ask someone this you had better not be expecting a smile and warm, cheery answer.

"Um...nothing? Just opening up these machines?"

"You have an attitude problem." Now I'm really confused, and irritated as you can imagine.

"Uh...sorry. I don't really think I do though," I even looked confused, not angry.

"Oh please. Be thankful you have a job," she rolled her eyes and stalked out of the store.

Proving me right yet again: People who think they like the morning (getting up early to do groceries) but they hate it with a passion (what's your problem?).

What is my problem? It's people like you, lady.

No comments: